Master of Accounting (Professional)
Study in Australia
Looking to change your career and be part of a growing profession? We have Australia’s largest postgraduate accounting program and provides a pathway for university graduates in any discipline to acquire qualifications that are fully recognised by CPA Australia and the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia (ICAA).
The Master of Accounting program gives students with undergraduate credentials in fields other than accounting an opportunity to gain a professional accounting qualification. The program offers both a firm academic grounding and a hands-on appreciation of the industry, so you are ready to use your new skills on day one.
- Enables you to qualify for membership with an Australian professional accounting association
- Ensures you are taught by accounting academics and practitioners who are experts in their field: a number of our teaching staff also act as consultants to the ICAA and CPA Australia
- Offers a flexible class time for students who work full-time
- This degree can be combined with the Master of Commerce to give you a 2.5 year course to explore other areas of interest and qualify with an accredited accounting degree
- Offers research skills and a research project as well as a capstone unit
- CRICOS registration is being sought for the Master of Accounting (Professional) with Master of Commerce. This program will be available for international students once CRICOS-registered
- Graduates who hold a bachelor degree in any discipline and wish to obtain a qualification that is fully recognized by CPA Australia and ICAA.
- This degree is not suitable for students who have completed an accounting degree with units equivalent to those required for associate membership of CPA Australia.
· Australian level 7 bachelor’s qualification or recognised equivalent
· GPA of 2.70 (out of 4.00)
English Language Requirements
· IELTS of 6.5 overall with minimum 6.0 in each band, or equivalent
Estimated Annual Fee: AUD 28,992 p.a
Fee per Credit Point: AUD $906
Fees quoted are the estimated payable fees for the relevant degree in 2015, based on a typical credit load calculation per academic session. An individual student’s credit load may change in each academic session. The University reviews per credit point fees each year and fees may change year on year. For courses of more than one year in duration, students will pay the fee that is current for the year of enrolment. Students may incur other fees, charges and conditions for each session in which they enrol and are advised to check these with the University before enrolment.