University of Wollongong Scholarships
Study in Australia
University of Wollongong is one of the top modern Universities in the world. Wollongong is just 80 kilometres south of Australia’s largest city, Sydney. It’s the third largest city in NSW an
d the ninth largest city in Australia. Our Main Campus in Wollongong, also known as the city of Innovation is consistently ranked among the best for the quality of its teaching, research, graduate employment rates, student experience and its inspiring study environment. UOW has earned its reputation by being –
- Top 2% in the world-The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2013/2014
- Top 100 in the world for global graduates- QS World University Rankings Graduate Employers Survey 2013.
- 5 star rating in QS World University Rankings 2013/2014
- Globally ranked as one of Australia’s best modern universities – 33rd in the world. Times Higher Education Top 100 Under 50 Rankings 2014.
- Winner of the national Education and Training Award at the Premier’s NSW Export Awards 2013
The scholarships below are automatically awarded at the time of application assessment.
- Undergraduate Excellence Scholarships (UES) :
Criteria – 70% in HSSC or IC (Percentages shown are based on an average of the best 3 academic subjects (not including English)
The UES offers a 25% reduction of the international tuition fee for the duration of the course, up to a maximum of 4 years.
- There is no limit to the number of UES available – as long as you meet the academic criteria, you will automatically be awarded the scholarship along with your offer of admission:
You may be eligible if you have excellent results in one of the following categories:
- Australian Year 12 or equivalent international secondary school qualification;
- Foundation Studies programs approved for direct admission to Bachelor degrees and offered at an institution recognised by UOW;
- Diploma or other academic pathway program approved for admission with credit exemption from an institution with which UOW has a formal agreement;
- Up to one year of study in a Bachelor degree at a recognised University, where there is no credit exemption awarded to study at UOW.
- The UES is available to students enrolling in Bachelor degrees at UOW (Australian campuses only) except for the following: Medicine & Surgery; Nursing; Science (Nutrition or Exercise Science); Nutrition & Dietetics; Exercise Science & Rehabilitation; and Psychology (all degrees).
- Faculty Merit Scholarships (FMS)
Criteria – 85 % overall in HSSC or IC with 85% in at least 2 academic subjects (Faculty discretion in awarding this scholarship and may vary case to case)
- The Faculty Merit Scholarships are for those with outstanding results, in the same categories outlined above for the UES, and applying for the following Bachelor degrees at UOW (Australian campuses only):
- This scholarship provides a further 25% reduction of the international tuition fees bringing the total scholarship value to 50% off the tuition fee when offered in combination with the UES.
- Accounting & Financial Services*;
- Arts; Creative Arts; Performance; Journalism
- Banking & Financial Services*
- Business Information Systems
- Commerce; Economics & Finance
- Communication & Media Studies; Digital Media
- Computer Science; Information Technology;
- International Studies
- Law (single degrees)
- Mathematics; Mathematics & Finance; Medical Mathematics
- Medical Radiation Physics
- Science (Materials, Nuclear Science & Technology, Physics)
- Offered at the Sydney Business School, Sydney
- UOW International Academic Merit Scholarship recipients have the opportunity to pursue work placements and internships. Engineering students have guaranteed vacation work at the end of their third year to ensure they meet Engineering Australia accreditation requirements.
- Scholarship recipients may be offered the option to enrol in an advanced program; these include the Dean’s Scholar, Advanced Degrees and the Engineering (Scholar) programs, which offer the following additional benefits:
- $500 textbook allowance per year
- Pairing with an academic mentor
- Special workshops and seminars
- Extended library privileges and designated for study space
POST GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP :
- Faculty of Business Sydney Campus Bursary :
There is no limit on the number of bursaries, and all eligible applicants will qualify and automatically given this bursary.
- The Sydney Business School is pleased to announce the 2015 Sydney Campus International Student Bursary program
- The bursary will apply to a number of courses offered at Sydney Business School’s Sydney campus at Circular Quay.
- The bursaries apply to all intakes in 2015, for students commencing their first session of study at UOW in 2015. Intakes in 2015 are Trimester 1 (2 February – 2 May), Trimester 2 (11 May – 8 August) and Trimester 3 (17 August – 14 November).
- The bursary is awarded in the form of a full tuition fee waiver of the final 2 subjects in the 12-subject Master degree, or the final 3 subjects in the 16-subject Master degree. This is equivalent to a 16–18% ($6000.00 – $11000.00 approx.) reduction of the tuition fee on the full duration of the course.
- The Bursary applies to the following courses:
- Master of Business (double major -16 subjects)
- Master of Applied Finance (12 subjects)
- MBA (12 subjects)
- MBA Advanced (16 subjects)
- Master of Science (Logistics & Project Management) (double major -16 subjects)
- Master of Science (Logistics) (single major – 12 subjects)
- Master of Science (Project Management) (single major – 12 subjects)
- Master of Business (single major – 12 subjects)
- Students who commence the Graduate Certificate in Business in 2015 with a package offer with one of the above degrees will also qualify for the bursary in their Master degree.
- Faculty of Business merit based scholarships :
- There are five (5) partial tuition scholarships available for international students commencing their first course at UOW’s Sydney Business School in each of the three (3) trimesters. The scholarship offers a 25% reduction of the tuition fee for the standard duration of the course
- Applicants must meet each of the following conditions before applying:
- An unconditional offer to study a Master’s program with Sydney Business School, University of Wollongong
- Commencing studies in the trimester of which they are applying for the scholarship
- A Bachelor degree with an Australian equivalent average of at least 70%
- Address the following three (3) selection criteria in 500 words or less:
- Motivation for studying your selected program at Sydney Business School, University of Wollongong
- Outline how you believe this degree will help you achieve your career goals and personal aspirations
- Describe the value you believe you will bring to your fellow students
- An application form (to obtain Application form)
- Your certified academic transcripts
- A copy of your University of Wollongong Letter of Offer
- Your 500 word document addressing each of the above selection criteria.
Please send your application to email: email@example.com