Hüsnü M. Özyeğin Foundation began its efforts to found Özyeğin University in the autumn of 2005.
The foundation of Özyeğin University entailed a comprehensive study that involved more than 500 persons including businessmen, faculty members, as well as university and high school students in addition to a study entitled “Developing Sectors and Professions in Turkey and in the World”. Taking the results of these studies as a baseline, the core values and vision of the university are discussed and identified in collaboration with all stakeholders in line with the design efforts carried out by ARAMA
Participating Management Consultancy. As such Özyeğin University started to shape its vision through a series of workshops held with more than 300 participants including businessmen, faculty members, university students and new graduates.
Özyeğin University was officially founded on May 18, 2007 pursuant to Law No: 5656 published in the Official Gazette No: 26526 with the mission of contributing to social development by producing creative, original and applicable knowledge through its modern education system, its innovative structure integrated with life and its academic programs focused on the service sector.
Özyeğin University, thus, welcomed its first students on its Altunizade Camps in September 2008 and opened the doors of its Çekmeköy Campus in September 2011. Thus the university has increased the total area of its campuses to 136 thousand m2. Özyeğin University also built a strong faculty with distinguished faculty members. 60% of the OzU faculty came from top 100 universities around the world, while 85% came from global top 200 universities.
In 2012, Özyeğin University produced its first cohort of graduates and launched 6 new undergraduate programs including Pilot Training, Gastronomy and Culinary Arts, Management Information Systems, International Business, Civil Engineering and Architecture in addition to its existing programs in Business Administration, Entrepreneurship, Banking and Finance, Psychology, Law, Industrial Engineering, Electrical-Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Hotel Management and Air Transportation Management.
Prof. Dr. Erhan Erkut
Altunizade Campus is the university’s first campus, which was opened in June, 2008. The university launched a second one in Çekmeköy, Istanbul. Later the building was evacuated and all departments moved to Çekmeköy Campus in May 2013.
Before starting your application form, you will be asked to set up an account, with a user name and password. Make sure to write down your username and password so that you will have it when you log on again. If for any reason you are not able to complete the application in one sitting, you will be able to click “save” and then log off. This will save your information until you are ready to continue.
You will not be able to submit your application until all documents have been uploaded and all required fields have been filled in. We encourage you to apply as soon as your application is complete in order to secure your spot. Complete applications are reviewed on a continuous basis. You will hear back from the University approximately 3 weeks after we receive your complete application.
Application Deadline: August 28, 2015
You will be asked to upload the following documents, so you need to have scanned versions of each of these ready for upload:
1. Passport (personal information page)
2. Official document signifying successful completion of high school – diploma in many countries (if it is not in English or Turkish, it must be translated)
3. Official high school transcript national or internationally recognized test results or provisional results if not available by the time of submission.
4. English language proficiency test results if available.
5. Statement of Motivation – You will be asked to prepare an essay explaining why you want to attend Özyeğin University and what your goals are. This essay should not be longer than two pages. It can be prepared as a “Word” or “PDF” document, which you will upload. (Strong “Motivation letter” will increase your chance of getting a scholarship or even increase it)
*** The soft copies of the original documents and their translated versions need to be uploaded together.
You will be informed through e-mail about your application; Please check your E-mail regularly
If you are accepted;
· You will be given a student ID number (ex: S009999) and will be asked to transfer 1000$ USD pre-payment amount to the given USD account. Details will be given in the E–mail, please read the E-mail you receive carefully!
(The pre-payment is going to be deducted from the Fall semester tuition fees)
· As soon as we receive your pre-payment, you will be provided hard copy acceptance and Visa letters by post (Please type your accurate home address during application). You can also send us the proof of pre-payment deposit via e-mail to get your hard copy documents.
· Once you get your acceptance and visa letters, you are required to deal with your student visa application by yourself. Please do not be late to communicate with the consulate for visa application.
IMPORTANT: Please note that the pre-payment is non-refundable unless you receive the Visa rejection from the Turkish Embassy or Consulate in your area.