Master of Accounting (CPA Extension)
The Master of Accounting (CPA Extension) enables you to obtain a university qualification and receive extensive academic support while you prepare for the CPA external examinations: our graduates consistently rank higher in grade results in the CPA program than non-Macquarie graduates. This degree also gives you a particular focus on communicative competence as well as strong technical skills.
We are registered with CPA Australia as a CPA Program tuition provider. We invest in supporting students with communication, presentation skills and career related workshops so that our graduates receive much higher results with their CPA exams.
We engage our students with the Departmental Advisory Board to learn more about industry and the profession. We have a well-known research centre – International Governance and Performance Research Centre (IGAP) that works very closely with external stakeholders.
- Allows graduates who hold a bachelor degree in any discipline to earn a widely recognised and respected postgraduate academic qualification in accounting
- Provides extensive academic support whilst completing the CPA Program
- Ensures you are taught by qualified teaching staff, many of whom have first-hand experience with the CPA and CA Programs: a number of the teaching staff also act as consultants to the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia and CPA Australia
- Offers a flexible class time for students who work full-time
2.5 years full-time
Session 1 (March), Session 2 (August)
Non-accounting graduates who wish to become qualified professional accountants.
The degree is also suitable for accounting graduates with a degree from an overseas university who are seeking postgraduate qualifications in accounting that meet the requirements for membership of CPA Australia (once the practical experience component of the CPA program has also been completed). An assessment of a student’s accounting degree (arranged by the applicant) is required in this instance from CPA Australia. This is to establish eligibility for any exemptions from particular units in the Master of Accounting (CPA Extension) program.
This degree is not suitable for students who have completed an accounting degree with units equivalent to those required for associate membership of CPA Australia.
- Australian Bachelor degree or recognised equivalent
- Minimum GPA of 2.70 (out of 4.00)
- Minimum English Language Proficiency: IELTS or IELTS equivalent of 6.5 overall, with minimum 6.0 in each band